Thursday, July 25, 2013

Two Debuts!

Exciting and fun week in Raleigh's world this week. I have been very busy creating a new room and a new fashion statement!

Being a seamstress, I thought it was only appropriate that Raleigh had a sewing room too. While I was out shopping, I found the perfect start for the room. I bought this package of sewing themed erasers at Michael's.
I knew the size of the sewing machine would work, but the appearance needed some adjustments. I painted it white with LOTS of coats of white latex paint. I wrote the word SINGER with red pencil on white paper and decoupaged it to the machine. I coated the whole thing with clear nail polish. I glued a mini black button on the front and dabbed on some latex paint to cover the holes.




It's a chair!
It's a chair!
Actually, it is a cell phone holder
But it makes a perfect chair for Raleigh and was the perfect addition to the sewing room.

For a desk, I bought a pre-primed wood plaque and some wooden spools and glued the together and painted it black.
I used the spools and some craft sticks to create a shelf, which I also painted black. 
I used a tag die and my Sizzix and cut some corrugated cardboard to create bolts to wrap fabric on for the shelf.



The card of buttons was also made using my Sizzix and some mini buttons.


Excuse the blobs, the glue wasn't dry when I took the picture.

Another project using my Sizzix was the wall shelf. I use the same die that I did for the bolts, except a longer tag and cut some cardboard. The brackets were made with a photo corner die. That die is too thin to cut cardboard, so I cut card stock and glued layers together until I got the desired thickness. I covered the edge with mini ball fringe to cover the cardboard. 




 I repainted the mini dressform eraser to use as a decorating accent in the room. For other decor, I used some decorative buttons. I cut the shanks off and used mounting tape to hang them on the walls. 

I also used a clock face button and glued it to a larger button for a wall clock.
 


The last project using my Sizzix was the dress form in the corner.  I used corrugated cardboard again and glued it to a button. I added gathered tulle and a string of beads. I will probably add some color contrast to it in the future.


The room is a binder, just like the living room diorama. It is scrapbook paper on the upper wall. Since I only had 1 piece of the button papers, I cut it in half and used coordinating card stock for the bottom of the wall. I used ribbon for the border between. The floor is also scrapbook paper, decoupaged to foam core.


I am happy with the  way the project turned out. I am going to keep it on display in my sewing room, whereas the other dioramas I make will be used as needed. I would like to make some more little accessories pieces for the room in the future.




As if this wasn't enough for this week, I have more! A fashion debut as well. Raleigh has wings! I have created wings that can be worn by your doll.
The wings can be pinned on your doll's outfit, so they are very versatile. They are available on my web site in various colors and styles:  Blythe - The Big Eyed Girl. Come check them out and let your Blythe soar!


 


No comments: