Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Confessions of a Pinterest Addict

Hi, My name is Colleen and I am addicted to Pinterest. Glad to have that off my chest. LOL. As if I didn't have enough things I want to make, I discovered Pinterest and found thousands more. There are ideas for all sorts of crafts, decorating, food travel, etc. You name it, it is on Pinterest.

Of course I was very happy to find lots of beautiful pictures of Blythe dolls, great outfits, customization, accessories and more. Certainly sparked my imagination and gave me great ideas to work with. I will share a few of the projects that I have made from Pinterest inspirations.

Oh, before I forget, I have decided to rename my doll. My friend Sharon, of Little Rose Creations, is in the process of building a Blythe doll, that she is naming Ophelia. I loved the idea of the doll being called something other than Blythe, since there are 1000's of them. After some thought, I decided to name her Raleigh. This is the original Gaelic spelling of my maiden name, Riley. She is an Ashton Drake Pinafore Purple, so she is a natural redhead. I thought a Gaelic name was very appropriate for her. Have you named your doll? Would love to hear what you have called her.

Ok, so now on to the projects. I mentioned before that I wanted some sort of diorama to photograph Raleigh indoors. Pinterest to the rescue! I found an easy, inexpensive idea at: Southern Disposition. And here is mine rendition. Please note the inside of the binder is completely covered in scrapbook paper. The white is glare from the flash.

Look how great Raleigh looks in her new space
Yes, that's a new couch and ottoman that I made. After looking at beautiful Blythe furniture on Pinterest, my paperback book sofa just didn't cut it. The couch is made from Styrofoam, covered in fabric and has clear push pins for feet. Below are pics through the various stages of construction.
If you have any questions about how I made this, drop me a line. 
 
The ottoman was also inspired by Pinterest, but not anything specific. I used an Altoid tin for the base, covered it with alligator textured felt and a satin ribbon and then added pony beads for feet. Here is the completed piece


For the last Pinterest inspired project for this week, I made Raleigh a new suitcase for summer vacation. Here's a link to the inspiration: Life in the Craft Lane and here is Raleigh all set for her trip
If you would like to purchase a suitcase like this, it is available on my web site: Blythe: The Big Eyed Girl.

Here is a link to my boards on Pinterest, Colleen's Pinterest Boards, I hope you find some inspiration there too!

2 comments:

Josetta said...

This chick lives better than we do! I haven't had a vacation in ages and I certain don't have that cool ottoman! LOL I wish I had more time to craft. That does it...I want a hippo purse; I'm going to go get stuff to make it TO-NIGHT! You are an inspiration!

Colleen's Cottage said...

Too funny! Yes, Raleigh does live well. I am so glad I could inspire you.