Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lots of Progress on the House

Well, where did I last leave off with the girls. Oh yes, we were going on vacation. Things started off well enough. Ramona got to ride up front.  The bobble head Chihuahuas and pig kept her company.





This was not well taken by the rest of the divas, but there just wasn't enough room for anyone else.

Ramona needed a break, so we made a stop in Ohio.
 
She is actually a very good traveling companion.

 
We drove straight through so she decided to curl up in the console and use some napkins to cover up with.
 
She was very happy to get out of the van when we got to NH
 
From there, things went down hill a bit. It was rainy and cold. None of the girls wanted to be out in that weather.  We ventured out, but ended up getting sick in the process. All in all, the vacation wasn't the best.
 
The good news is that once I got home and got over the bronchitis, I have gotten a lot done on the house.
 
Let's start in the living room.
 
To start, I changed out the black pencil holders, I mean end tables for silver, to brighten up the room.  I added a fireplace, which is another Gloria place set. It came with the tools, candelabra and clock. I also added a big screen TV to the mantle.  Took out the two lamps I had made. I replaced the table lamp with a new one which is another Christmas ornament.
 
 
Next to the arm chair, which if you remember is also a Christmas ornament, I added a carved wooden table. I found it in the Spring décor section at Joann's . It is meant for a fairy house. I switched out a few of the accessories, that were already in the room, on it.
In the back right corner, I added a plant for some color. I bought an ugly planter of various greenery at Goodwill. I am taking random pieces from it to use in the house. These tall grasses are in a ceramic doodad that I also found  at Goodwill. You know me, always bargain shopping. The girls may be divas, but I'm on a budget!
 
Margo's room came together nicely. While on vacation, we went to a flea market. I bought some contact paper with a black and white print. I also found a great vintage armoire, both were perfect for Margo and her sophisticated taste.
Here's the armoire with the contact paper hung on the walls. The white dress hanging on the door is... can you guess? A Christmas ornament! I don't quite get it for the tree, but for the girls, it's perfect. You can see the TV stand and aquarium from the living room are now in Margot's room. Not sure if they will stay, but they are here for now.
Here's another Goodwill find:
 
I didn't know what it was, but I knew it could be something perfect for the house. I just added an oval mirror to the top and instant table!
And here it is next to the bed, with the lamp from the living room. The "jade" elephant on the table is was a keychain.
The bed is a vintage Suzy Goose that I won in a raffle. I made the bedding myself. The wall mirror is from Michael's. Unfortunately, it won't stay on the wall. Those cute little twin dogs, well Margo's boyfriend gave them to her for Christmas. Hush, can you keep a secret? The dogs are really Christmas ornaments.


Yes, I check the Christmas aisle all the time for things I can use for the girls .
 
So the other new thing about the house is that we are going to need another new room. A new girl is moving in. Her name is Polly.  She was a model with the other girls, but she got married and moved away with her new husband. Now, she is expecting and her husband has been deployed, so she is staying with the girls for a while.
 
 I am now creating fashions for pregnant or plus sized Blythe dolls. My new items can be seen in my Etsy store, The Black Onyx Boutique

No comments: