Saturday, June 8, 2013

Blythe, the Big Eyed Girl

Hi and welcome to my new blog about Blythe. Who is Blythe did you say? Well she is a very unusual looking doll with a VERY big head in proportion to her body and she has HUGE eyes too. If you'd like to know more about her, here's her info on Wikipedia.

I first bought my Blythe doll about 5 years ago. She is an Ashton Drake Pinafore Purple and this is what she looked like fresh out of the box.
I originally bought her because I make and sell sell clothing for various dolls. A friend of mine told me about Blythe and when I discovered her popularity, I decide I would add clothing for her to my sales line. When she arrived, I have to honestly say I didn't like her, but since I didn't buy her for my personal collection, I didn't really care.

After making a few outfits and doing more research on her, I have to say she slowly won me over. I fell in love with this Big Eyed Girl and all of her quirky charm. She is now my 2nd favorite doll in my collection. First place goes to Betsy McCall because I adored Betsy's paper dolls from McCall's magazine as a child.

This blog will be a showcase for my doll and the Blythe dolls of others. I will share some things I have made for her. I will also share other sites and resources I have found for Blythe dolls. If you have one of these dolls or one of the "clones" and would like to contribute to this site, please email me at collieann30@gmail.com.

No comments: